There is a very big difference between the products you find on Sephora USA with the products you find in Sephora Spain but still I have to be thankful that at least there is a Sephora with a big variety of products here. The big mistake I have made is to be on their newsletter because they enchant me with their sales online every now and then and I have little-to no self control when buying makeup.
So when I received an email last week telling me there is a “gift” from Marc Jacobs makeup I had to succumb to the temptation of buying more than 40 euros so I could receive my gift and I am pretty I did.
- ZOEVA palette in “Naturally Yours”
- Marc Jacobs little purse mirror
- Glam Glow “Youthmud” mask in travel size
- Marc Jacobs mini lipstick (246 Slow Burn)
- Too Faced “Better than Sex” mascara in travel size
- Marc Jacobs (Velvet Noir 10) travel size mascara
- Marc Jacobs travel size eyeliner
This is my first time trying ZOEVA products and I have to say that the packaging is very nice and most of the colors blend well (the three nude colors in the corner were actually not pigmented at all even though I used some Mac Fix + to blend them in my eye). I wanted a travel friendly palette that wouldn’t ruin my bank account (this palette was 22 euros) and to be fair the rest of the colors were lovely.
This year has been hard. If I had to resume it all in one story it would be like this: picture you are a child waiting for your Christmas present, then Santa comes along and brings you that present with a slap in the face. Oh boy you will remember it.
Yes, that is what 2016 was like. But, as all bad comes with something good…I have to say that it also brought lovely things…still with a slap in the face.
I learned a lot of things the hard way in 2016 and I want for 2017 to be a little more gentle with everyone this year (like please please please.)
What I have learned:
- The Universe cannot care less about your timing. The Universe has its own timing and you have to accept it just as it is. You cannot control it or modify it, just flow with it. I had plans for my Summer people. I had like a whole agenda for the rest of the year planned to perfection for me to vacation, then come back film our videoclip, finish our record and then go through a plan of promotion. Nope. Like a big fat NOPE. Broken arm, endless physiotherapy and paused plans for everything else.
- Friends are like stickers; some stick like there is no tomorrow…others stick at first, unglue themselves and then leave an unpleasant residue. I did my best this year to be more social and be more patient with a lot of people but I learned that sometimes true friends are not the ones you know your whole life, but the ones who enter your live and stick forever. Thank you to the ones who were there for me this year and helped me through bad times.
- Your body can endure more pain than you can imagine, it’s your mind you have to convince. I broke an arm and also I broke something inside me that I thought would never go back the way it was. The broken arm was just the beginning; my mind started to play an important role in the whole healing process. Even if it sounds crazy I was not allowing myself to heal. I still have to work on that.
- Relationships are like plants; you have to take care of them…if not, they will eventually die. (Enough said).
- If you are not feeling ok nothing will be ok. Stop convincing yourself that “when ____ happens I will be ok, when I’ll accomplish _____ I will be ok, when I’ll have ____ I will be ok”. No you will not be ok if you don’t start working on feeling ok NOW. Then when whatever good happens on top of you being ok…it will be like the cherry on top of the ice cream. See? Getting wiser every year 🙂 )
So I hope you guys learned a lot this year and I hope that 2017 will bring you amazing things. Have a wonderful 2017!!! 🙂
When I broke my arm I had a lot of spare time to think and write (with one hand obviously). In the last six months I had been writing and writing but when I went to record what I had in paper…I realized that I had a bunch of deep and sad songs (honestly I was kind of feeling that way).
So one day in the studio we decided it was time to cheer ourselves up and Jimmy came up with the “Bailame” beat. Together we sat down and in one hour we had the promo song ready. That is the amazing thing about music; you never know when the inspirational muse visits you.
We filmed the video in different days; we had the studio day, the chroma day, the details footage day and the black background day. The behind the scenes video I am about to share is just from one of those days. I hope to share the music video really soon with you guys because I am dying for you to see it! Until then…here it is:
Yes you read that correctly.
I (and half of the world) tend to flush down the toilet our healthy eating habits when it’s Christmas time and in the last five years I have learned that is way more enjoyable to start the year with 1-2 extra lb. than 10. Not to mention the famous New Year’s resolution of “I am going to lose ___ pounds”.
By no means I am a specialist on nutrition or I am telling you that this is the way to go but these five tips have helped me to keep on track during the stressful and (yummy) Holidays.
- Give yourself two cheat meals a week. Don’t ruin your healthy eating by focusing on “oh Christmas is just once a year”. Yes it is only once a year but you don’t have to spend 31 days over-eating. Negotiate two meals a week where you can have a green light with your favorite foods.
- Don’t skip the gym. Since you are going to be in the festive mood please by all means don’t skip the gym. It is good for you and it will boost those happy happy happy endorphins. If you are not a gym person then keep active.
- If you get invited to lunch, dinner or coffee with friends or family have a smaller portion of everything this way you taste all the good food but half the calories.
- Keep track of your alcohol intake. I personally don’t drink that much, but when I do I tend to go for the fruity, sugary drinks. (Yes, I know…) So try to keep track of the empty calories here and there.
- Keep your body hydrated. Water is your number one friend these Holidays (and the rest of your life too).
Hope this helps 🙂
This year went by so fast the last thing I remember was sitting here writing the 2016 New Year resolutions post. I mean… as I grow older my years go by faster and that is something to keep in mind next time I am worrying about something stupid. Last year I wasn’t feeling the whole Christmas vibe around me and started to decorate a bit late but this year topped last year and for some reason I am not feeling Christmas at all. I remember my first holiday here in Madrid; I was utterly excited and I just want to feel that excitement again.
I don’t know if it is because this will be another holiday without my parents or the fact that European holidays are way much different of what I am used to, but I am trying by best to get in the warm Christmas vibe.
The best way to cut out negativity? Being grateful.
So instead of my usual Monday list post I want to take a second and feel grateful. There is always something to be grateful about.
This month has brought so many good things that I am starting to forget all the crappy ones that happened this year. I guess this is a very good way of ending 2016 and waiting for 2017 with open arms and a big smile.
I have to confess that this time of the year I get a little nostalgic and I scan my year to see what I have accomplished and where did I fail. I try to always point out the positive but the negative is there to remind us that we are human, that not everything turns out the way we want and sometime that is a lovely thing.
Lately I have been bouncing from one physiotherapist to another and finally found a place near home that is good and helps me with my arm (yes, my elbow has seen better days). Just to keep you guys updated…we have finished recording most of our songs and now are working on filming the video of our single called “Bailame” (Yaaaaaaaas).
Thank you November, you have been really kind to me.
This year I was sure that my Halloween costume would be Harley Quinn. I even bought the blue and pink hair pigments, the baseball bat and the wig. The only problem was that the wig was a online-late-night-half-asleep purchase and when it arrived it was…well yes…wait for it…TERRIBLE.
So not to feel discouraged I opted for my favorite movie ever: Black Swan. I love getting inspired in pop culture for my costumes. For the ones that have followed this blog since the beginning you know how much I love this movie (my 25th birthday party was Black Swan themed…thank you very much). I tried to replicate the makeup of the poster and I am writing this post with blood-red eyes since the black gel I used for the eyes was irritating AF and that came in really handy to complete the look.
Hope you guys have a wonderful Halloween ❤ 🙂