Last week I was in bed with bronchitis. This constant weather madness made me really sick. Since I’m a singer, that is probably one of the worst things that can happen to me. I’m ok now so there is no need for a pity party. (Some hugs might be welcomed.)
Every time I get sick I make this soup also called “minestrone”. I like to eat it when I’m not sick too because it is also low-calorie, has tons of vegetables and is really healthy.
Ingredients (serves 4)
-3 small zucchini
-1 medium tomato
-2 celery stalks
-1 small onion
-1 medium carrot
-10 basil leaves
-2 tbsp olive oil
-2 teaspoons salt
– Pinch of pepper
-4 3/4 cups water
– Wash all vegetables then cut the zucchini, carrot and onion into circles.
– Chop the rest of the vegetables into small squares.
– In the large pot pour water and bring to boil.
– Once the soup is boiling, add the vegetables, olive oil, salt and pepper. Simmer for a few minutes.
– Place the lid half way on top. Cook for 45 min stirring occasionally.
There you go… warm and cozy homemade soup!