Salads often are a great dilemma for me. I wash my greens, toss them in a bowl and that’s it. Normally I open my fridge, grab some vegetables and mix them up.
Well let me tell you that sometimes I find myself with no inspiration at all and the mix gets repetitive.
So here I present you an easy side salad I made today for lunch to break the daily routine.
-6 big leaves of lettuce (choose the one you like the most)
– A handful arugula
– 3 small leaves of red radicchio
– 1 1/2 tomatoes
– 1 cucumber
– 1 small onion
– 3 mushrooms
– 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– Pinch of salt
1) Cut all ingredients. (I like to cut my green with my hands because sometimes the knife makes them soggy.)
2) In a small pan roast the sesame seeds until they become golden.(That my friend brings out the real sesame flavor.) Toss the vegetables in a bowl and sprinkle them with you roasted sesame seeds.
3) Squeeze the lemon and add the olive oil and salt.