When my doctor gave me the infinite long list of things I could not eat, I suggested he should give people the list of things they could eat instead, so he would save a lot of paper. I mean, come on doctor, let`s go green.
So one thing he did let me eat was oats. But be careful here, he told me that most pure oats do not contain gluten but some of them have tiny bits of hidden rye, barley or wheat. Be sure to read the ingredients. If you do not have problems with gluten then go ahead and use any oats you like.
This recipe is sugar-free, dairy-free and gluten-free. Serves two small pancakes.
– 1 cup instant oats
– 2/3 cup almond milk
– 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
– 2 packets of sugar substitute
– Pinch baking soda
– Pinch salt
– Pam cooking spray
1) Mix instant oats with the cinnamon, sugar substitute, baking soda and salt. Pour the almond milk and mix.
2) Spray a little Pam on a medium cooking pan. Wait for it to get hot and pour half of the mixture.
3) Cook in medium heat until the edges are golden. Turn over and wait until the other side gets golden too. (Aprox. 2 min).
4) I used sugar-free pancake syrup because my little sister is diabetic and she was having one too. Feel free to use honey or your normal pancake syrup. I also sprinkled mine with a little more cinnamon because I am a cinnamon lover.
Have a lovely day!