I love this hairstyle. It is classy and elegant. The problem is I can’t pull it off unless I live with a flat-iron under my pillow. It’s not happening for me. Sure, I have worn wigs for photo shoots and the occasional party, but believe me if I cut my hair that short I will resemble a poodle who just got into a fight with his hairdresser.
After seeing the movie “Chicago” I just got obsessed with Thelma’s hair. She looked so glamorous. So this week’s inspiration is “The Bob”. I investigated a little and found out that there are different kinds of styles for this haircut:
- Chinese bob: Cut at the neckline, bobbed up around the edge.
- A-line bob: A typical bob cut, with slightly longer hair in front, cut in an asymmetrical style.
- Shingle bob: An old-fashioned, dome-shaped bob with the back razor-cut very short into a V shape.
- Chin-length bob: Cut straight to the chin, with or without bangs.
- Buzz cut bob: Where it is shoulder-length in the front and close-cropped at the back.
- Shaggy bob: A messy bob layered with a razor.
- Shoulder-length bob: A blunt bob that reaches the shoulders and has very few layers.