There is something magical about traveling. You get to change your routine a little, explore new grounds or maybe revisit places. You get to pack and leave. (I really don’t understand people who hate packing because that is one of my favorite things to do before traveling.)
As you may have noticed, I am a really organized person but I was not born that way. As a kid I was the first one to leave clothes on the floor and leave my bed undone. I used to lose everything and I always left something behind every time I traveled. With time I learned that was not the way to get things done.
Today I want to share with you some tips I find useful while traveling.
1) I always bring an eye mask and ear plugs. It doesn’t matter if it’s a long or short flight I always have them in my carry-on. They don’t take space and are really light to carry.
2) Do your laundry before packing. You don’t want to start packing and find out your favorite sweater is dirty.
3) I like to leave the house clean before I leave. You have no idea how wonderful it is to come back from your trip and find everything neat and clean.
4) I throw a dryer sheet in my suitcase. My clothes smell amazing once I unpack. In my country you can’t find dryer sheets so I make my own. Take a coffee filter and soak it in fabric softener. Leave to dry overnight. There you go: home-made dryer sheets.
5) Never bring a piece of clothing you have never worn before. I once bought a fabulous sequins dress and thought it would be a fantastic piece to take with me. The dress was heavy and took some prominent space in my suitcase. To make a long story short, I tried the dress once I arrived and it didn’t fit.
6) Always wear black or dark-colored pants. I once had the fantastic idea of wearing light colored bottoms just to spill coffee on them at the airport.
7) Planes get chilly so bring a sweater. If you don’t need it in the plane you can always use it as a pillow.
8) Bring sanitizing hand wipes. Believe me you always will find those handy.
9) Scan your passport, ID, driver’s license and ticket. Email them to yourself.
10) I hate entering hotel bathrooms and showers with naked feet. So I always bring a pair of flip-flops.
Hope these tips are helpful for your next trip!