I was looking forward for this blog post since I saw the amazing recipes and pictures of my good friend Mavi de Armas (isn’t she absolutely gorgeous?!) and her blog “Avant Garde Pty”. We met a very long time ago in Venezuela and we clicked right away; she was funny and witty and we always had fun when we saw each other (yaaaas).
So there I was one day scrolling down her Instagram feed loving her amazing and stylish blog pics and I thought it would be a fun idea for her to join us in an interview here at The Golden Limoncello and let us know a bit more about her amazing blog.
1) What motivated you to start your blog?
My love for food…The story is that I had tons of food pictures in my phone, so one day I thought… why not share? Avant Garde was born because I wanted to find the most beautiful products and create beautiful compositions so I discovered that not only I am a cook, I’m a food stylist.
2) How did you pick your blog’s name Avant Garde Pty?
Well “avant-garde” is a term that is used mostly for art…and for me, food is art, it is beauty, The most simple way of describing food styling is by saying that it is the combination between art and gastronomy. Avant Garde is a compilation of food styling, food experiences, tricks, travels and more.
3) What do you enjoy most about blogging?
I need to be truly sincere, it’s an obsession! I want to share everything with my followers, it’s a lifestyle! I always think about what I’m going to photograph, what recipe to cook, and it’s very exciting eating at restaurants and sharing my experiences.
4) If you had to pick, which would be your favorite recipe post of your blog? My famous Fudgy- sweet salty brownies! They are insane! My husband and friends just love them!
5) Sweet or salty?
Both! In the same preparation! I think that is my favorite flavor, I love the combination of caramel and sea salt! It’s a vice.
6) Who is your biggest inspiration?
In the kitchen, my husband is my main inspiration! He is a great chef, I’m very proud of him and I just love the way he cooks!
7) All your photos look amazing! What is the most important thing for you when you are taking photos for the blog?
I want to make food more beautiful that it is. I love to prepare the food for the eye, for the camera. Food has to speak for itself.
8) Let’s pretend I come over for dinner, what would you cook?
Well first that would be awesome! I love to make dinner parties in my home, if you come over for dinner I’ll start with some Cozze Bianco (one of my favorite dishes), Tagliatelle with truffle butter and lobster and for dessert Crêpes à la crème.
9) Can you give us a trick that never fails in the kitchen?
After cooking the green vegetables , place them in a bowl with water and ice. It activates the greenery.
10) Last but not least, can you share a quick, easy recipe that you love?
Of course! You have to try this delicious shake…
All photos credit to © Maria Victoria de Armas