Yes you read that correctly.
I (and half of the world) tend to flush down the toilet our healthy eating habits when it’s Christmas time and in the last five years I have learned that is way more enjoyable to start the year with 1-2 extra lb. than 10. Not to mention the famous New Year’s resolution of “I am going to lose ___ pounds”.
By no means I am a specialist on nutrition or I am telling you that this is the way to go but these five tips have helped me to keep on track during the stressful and (yummy) Holidays.
- Give yourself two cheat meals a week. Don’t ruin your healthy eating by focusing on “oh Christmas is just once a year”. Yes it is only once a year but you don’t have to spend 31 days over-eating. Negotiate two meals a week where you can have a green light with your favorite foods.
- Don’t skip the gym. Since you are going to be in the festive mood please by all means don’t skip the gym. It is good for you and it will boost those happy happy happy endorphins. If you are not a gym person then keep active.
- If you get invited to lunch, dinner or coffee with friends or family have a smaller portion of everything this way you taste all the good food but half the calories.
- Keep track of your alcohol intake. I personally don’t drink that much, but when I do I tend to go for the fruity, sugary drinks. (Yes, I know…) So try to keep track of the empty calories here and there.
- Keep your body hydrated. Water is your number one friend these Holidays (and the rest of your life too).
Hope this helps 🙂