This year has been hard. If I had to resume it all in one story it would be like this: picture you are a child waiting for your Christmas present, then Santa comes along and brings you that present with a slap in the face. Oh boy you will remember it.
Yes, that is what 2016 was like. But, as all bad comes with something good…I have to say that it also brought lovely things…still with a slap in the face.
I learned a lot of things the hard way in 2016 and I want for 2017 to be a little more gentle with everyone this year (like please please please.)
What I have learned:
- The Universe cannot care less about your timing. The Universe has its own timing and you have to accept it just as it is. You cannot control it or modify it, just flow with it. I had plans for my Summer people. I had like a whole agenda for the rest of the year planned to perfection for me to vacation, then come back film our videoclip, finish our record and then go through a plan of promotion. Nope. Like a big fat NOPE. Broken arm, endless physiotherapy and paused plans for everything else.
- Friends are like stickers; some stick like there is no tomorrow…others stick at first, unglue themselves and then leave an unpleasant residue. I did my best this year to be more social and be more patient with a lot of people but I learned that sometimes true friends are not the ones you know your whole life, but the ones who enter your live and stick forever. Thank you to the ones who were there for me this year and helped me through bad times.
- Your body can endure more pain than you can imagine, it’s your mind you have to convince. I broke an arm and also I broke something inside me that I thought would never go back the way it was. The broken arm was just the beginning; my mind started to play an important role in the whole healing process. Even if it sounds crazy I was not allowing myself to heal. I still have to work on that.
- Relationships are like plants; you have to take care of them…if not, they will eventually die. (Enough said).
- If you are not feeling ok nothing will be ok. Stop convincing yourself that “when ____ happens I will be ok, when I’ll accomplish _____ I will be ok, when I’ll have ____ I will be ok”. No you will not be ok if you don’t start working on feeling ok NOW. Then when whatever good happens on top of you being ok…it will be like the cherry on top of the ice cream. See? Getting wiser every year 🙂 )
So I hope you guys learned a lot this year and I hope that 2017 will bring you amazing things. Have a wonderful 2017!!! 🙂