When I broke my arm I had a lot of spare time to think and write (with one hand obviously). In the last six months I had been writing and writing but when I went to record what I had in paper…I realized that I had a bunch of deep and sad songs (honestly I was kind of feeling that way).
So one day in the studio we decided it was time to cheer ourselves up and Jimmy came up with the “Bailame” beat. Together we sat down and in one hour we had the promo song ready. That is the amazing thing about music; you never know when the inspirational muse visits you.
We filmed the video in different days; we had the studio day, the chroma day, the details footage day and the black background day. The behind the scenes video I am about to share is just from one of those days. I hope to share the music video really soon with you guys because I am dying for you to see it! Until then…here it is:
I have to confess that Winter 2015-2016 was not that bad this year in Spain. I haven’t figured out if it the new apartment’s heating system or that this winter was not as bad as the last one.
Enough said about Winter and let us welcome Spring. First of all I already have my bucket list written down for this season and second of all I am über excited about putting away my coat. There is something magical about taking out clothes I love that I haven’t worn in a while. You have to see me “unpacking” the spring/summer clothing it feels like Christmas all over again… I am like “oh this is cute” and “oh I forgot I had this cool piece here”.
My Spring bucket list:
- Terrace make-over
- Spring cleaning (yup I do look forward to this)
- Buying more flowers
- Picnic in the park
- Spring color nails
- Outdoor planting
- Donating clothes
As for what has been going on lately, I want to share 5 things that are feeling a lot like…Spring.
1) Light colored nails while writing some new lyrics and adding chapters to my book.
2) I did cut my hair a month ago and it grew so fast. I think I am going to be needing another haircut before Summer.
3) Baking some paleo cinnamon banana-apple pie. I think this will be a good tutorial in the near future for the blog. (Btw: It was so yummy)
4) New photo shoot by “House of Flow”. Can’t wait to share it soon!
5) We have a new recording booth at our home! More lyrics, more music!
I just want to take a minute and thank my landlord for having an air conditioning system in her apartment. I am not kidding when I say that I would probably melt if it wasn’t for it. But that being said, this summer has been packed with tons of activities and lovely events!
1) Finding the juiciest cherries in the world
2) Precious moments with my sister Stefi who came to visit alongside my parents and Nina
3) Recording the new album with Jimmy, this project is very personal and I am loving every step of the way
4) Late night games: my dad crushing us all in Scala 40
5) This two girls coming to visit! My mafia: Valentina and Carola. We went to school together and every time we meet is pure fun!
6) In this pic my dear friend’s Maria T wedding and next to her my fun girl Luisa! Still can’t believe this day, we had such an incredible time!
7) One word: Frappe
How’s your summer so far? Let me know! ❤