The first time we visited Valencia was not what we had expected so we left with a sour taste and not willing to come back never again. Then our good friend Ivan told us last week he would be going so we decided to give it a second try. (Spoiler alert: in the end…we had a blast!)
First thing first: café con leche in the nearest coffee shop and then some touristic walks around Valencia’s city center.
We stumbled across the Mercat Central or Mercado Central (you guys know how much I love a farmer’s market) and we tried some Jamon Iberico and Manchego cheese.
Time for some modern architecture: The City of Arts and Science was breath-taking.
Since we had a car (not like last time) we visited two beaches and considering it was late Summer, it was rare to have all the beach for us. We stayed two hours in each one and had a very relaxing time. I got to take my arm brace off and sun bathed a little being very careful not to fall since my arm is not 100% ok…yet. (Can you spot my very thin arm? Well I guess it will take a lot of crossfit to gain my muscle back) 😦
Two years ago, I was arriving at Barajas Airport in Madrid utterly scared and also excited to start a new life. Jimmy and I didn’t know what to expect since this was our first time in Madrid. We left behind so many things and felt heart-broken for many reasons.
I remember being scared to come here just for the reason that eventually I would have to leave again. But here we are two years later blending in this lovely city. I didn’t look back: I just said good-by to my family and left. No farewell parties, no calls, no social media “I-am-leaving” posts. We just took our things, our hopes and dreams and left for a better life.
So how can I manage to resume our two years here without making this a tremendous long post? With a list, obviously. 🙂
- Two years, two different apartments. Our first one sans elevator and the second one with a lovely terrace.
- I have two of my old friends from school here in Madrid, but in these past two years I have made incredible new ones. I am so grateful for that.
- We have built a solid video reel with all the things we have filmed since we got here.
- In two years we have changed from one music producer to another (It didn’t actually work out for us, but still keep in touch because they are good friends). Now Jimmy and I haven’t stopped making music because we found our music flow together and we are loving it. I hope to share some new music soon.
- Talking about music, I wrote a song for the SRF Eurovision Switzerland Song Contest and we made it to the final 6 from 400 people! It was an amazing experience!
- I traveled to Paris, Pisa, Zürich (two times) and Thessalonica (3 times). I also made a fast trip to Miami with my parents. These two years have been busaaay!
- Nina moved in with us last year and I was the happiest person on earth to have my little monster here.
- I finished the first draft of my book. It is still a work in progress but I am trying to squeeze the time to actually polish it.
- I work every single day to get what I want, I feel I have made such a big progress but there is still so much to do.
- Finally, I am still learning new things every day. Madrid, you still haven’t seen the best of me. 😉
I have to admit that even though I thought my arm would be useless forever, I am starting to feel a little better. When I say a little better I mean I can move my fingers now and grab a cup of coffee with my right hand again. Still, there is a lot of healing left and I am trying to be as patient as possible.
Some nights I stare at the ceiling (since sleeping on my back is the only position I can manage right now) and think about all the things I didn’t get to do this Summer and all the things that are “paused” until I get better. I have to stop this silly behavior and start focusing on the positive because either way time will pass and it is up to me to be miserable or focus on the good through it all.
Good news is I am writing a bit more since my hand is starting to work a little better now. Still planning ahead future projects and polishing some old ones. I did get to meet Toledo in a small day-trip, I am enjoying my terrace more and with Jimmy’s help I did get to upgrade and organize in a fun make-over my office/beauty room (post coming soon).
1. Sunday trip to Toledo.
2. Coffee with my favorite mug (thank you Ivan 🙂 )
3. Nina’s company
4. Behind the scenes of Hispanic Kitchen’s videos (big thank you to Belen ❤ )
5. I am going to miss sunsets like these.
Are you guys having fun this Summer? 🙂
I just want to take a minute and thank my landlord for having an air conditioning system in her apartment. I am not kidding when I say that I would probably melt if it wasn’t for it. But that being said, this summer has been packed with tons of activities and lovely events!
1) Finding the juiciest cherries in the world
2) Precious moments with my sister Stefi who came to visit alongside my parents and Nina
3) Recording the new album with Jimmy, this project is very personal and I am loving every step of the way
4) Late night games: my dad crushing us all in Scala 40
5) This two girls coming to visit! My mafia: Valentina and Carola. We went to school together and every time we meet is pure fun!
6) In this pic my dear friend’s Maria T wedding and next to her my fun girl Luisa! Still can’t believe this day, we had such an incredible time!
7) One word: Frappe
How’s your summer so far? Let me know! ❤
I am still here.
I know I have been absent for the last month but believe me I have been trying to organize my life and found myself overwhelmed with everything around me.
Spring is finally here. I have waited for the warmer weather for so long that I think I am going to miss my coat and my winter clothes (NOT).
My sister came to spend Easter with us in Madrid and we had tons of fun (post coming on Friday).
She stayed for 10 days and we got to do so many things. I felt like a tourist all over again and it was kinda fun. The weather got really warm for a week and then suddenly it was cold again, then hot then cold. So obviously the three of us got sick. My allergies are going crazy (welcome Spring!) but I have to say I am loving everything about this warmer season.
1) I was skeptical about this color but now I am loving it.
2) I can now wear my hat and look decent. (I tried this hat with my winter coat and looked ridiculous).
3) The love of my life in Madrid! (Stefi’s past posts here and here)
4) Sunny days!
5) Seeing flowers everywhere gets me in an incredible mood.
6) We discovered our new favorite Mexican restaurant. If you ever come to Madrid you should try it, it’s amazing!
7) I have an obsession with boxes. I have tons of them, so you can imagine my happiness when I saw this in a local flea market.
May you all have a fantastic Spring!