The first time we visited Valencia was not what we had expected so we left with a sour taste and not willing to come back never again. Then our good friend Ivan told us last week he would be going so we decided to give it a second try. (Spoiler alert: in the end…we had a blast!)
First thing first: café con leche in the nearest coffee shop and then some touristic walks around Valencia’s city center.
We stumbled across the Mercat Central or Mercado Central (you guys know how much I love a farmer’s market) and we tried some Jamon Iberico and Manchego cheese.
Time for some modern architecture: The City of Arts and Science was breath-taking.
Since we had a car (not like last time) we visited two beaches and considering it was late Summer, it was rare to have all the beach for us. We stayed two hours in each one and had a very relaxing time. I got to take my arm brace off and sun bathed a little being very careful not to fall since my arm is not 100% ok…yet. (Can you spot my very thin arm? Well I guess it will take a lot of crossfit to gain my muscle back) 😦
I have to admit that even though I thought my arm would be useless forever, I am starting to feel a little better. When I say a little better I mean I can move my fingers now and grab a cup of coffee with my right hand again. Still, there is a lot of healing left and I am trying to be as patient as possible.
Some nights I stare at the ceiling (since sleeping on my back is the only position I can manage right now) and think about all the things I didn’t get to do this Summer and all the things that are “paused” until I get better. I have to stop this silly behavior and start focusing on the positive because either way time will pass and it is up to me to be miserable or focus on the good through it all.
Good news is I am writing a bit more since my hand is starting to work a little better now. Still planning ahead future projects and polishing some old ones. I did get to meet Toledo in a small day-trip, I am enjoying my terrace more and with Jimmy’s help I did get to upgrade and organize in a fun make-over my office/beauty room (post coming soon).
1. Sunday trip to Toledo.
2. Coffee with my favorite mug (thank you Ivan 🙂 )
3. Nina’s company
4. Behind the scenes of Hispanic Kitchen’s videos (big thank you to Belen ❤ )
5. I am going to miss sunsets like these.
Are you guys having fun this Summer? 🙂
Ah, the breezy Summer feeling. I spent most of Winter thinking about it and now that it is here I am über excited. Two years ago I shared a similar post when I was living in Venezuela, last year I posted my Summer pics and this year I have four simple things on my bucket list.
I have been working out more than usual and trying to eat as healthy as possible to keep my migraines at bay so I hope it pays off when I try on my bikini (I can’t stop hearing Britney’s words in my head going “you better work b*tch).
- Trip to Greece with my sister. Stefi is moving to Greece and I am helping her with all the unpacking and settling in. By helping her I also mean taking her out for drinks and casual shopping.
- Swim like nobody’s business. I am going to be soaking in the water like a lentil for hours.
- Allow myself some Summer cocktails. Lately, I rarely drink but this Summer I am having my “cheat” drink from time to time.
- Finally wearing my jean shorts. I say finally because last year I bought some shorts and didn’t get to wear them confidently. This year I am dusting them off and rocking the hell out of them (thank you crossfit).
What are you doing this Summer? 🙂
Recently I bought a very ugly cup in thrift store out of pure oh-this-costs-only-a-euro euphoria. The color was terrible but I saw some potential in it. So with a coat of white and two coats of baby blue I have now a very cute cactus in a cup.
After you spray it, be sure to let it dry (I say this since I am an anxious person and didn’t let my cup sit overnight) what happened is that the soil stuck in different parts of the cup. Not cute at all.)
This can definitely be a nice idea for a gift too 🙂
I just want to take a minute and thank my landlord for having an air conditioning system in her apartment. I am not kidding when I say that I would probably melt if it wasn’t for it. But that being said, this summer has been packed with tons of activities and lovely events!
1) Finding the juiciest cherries in the world
2) Precious moments with my sister Stefi who came to visit alongside my parents and Nina
3) Recording the new album with Jimmy, this project is very personal and I am loving every step of the way
4) Late night games: my dad crushing us all in Scala 40
5) This two girls coming to visit! My mafia: Valentina and Carola. We went to school together and every time we meet is pure fun!
6) In this pic my dear friend’s Maria T wedding and next to her my fun girl Luisa! Still can’t believe this day, we had such an incredible time!
7) One word: Frappe
How’s your summer so far? Let me know! ❤
(This picture is from our trip to Greece in June)
It’s been almost a year since I left my old home in Venezuela and moved to Spain. I remember all the stress and chaotic moments involved. Everything has changed so much since last year, that I have no words to describe how blessed and grateful I am to be here.
This last six months have been a real challenge. We were flirting with the idea of moving to Barcelona because we got a real good offer to sign our music and make some more videos there, but Madrid was holding my hand really tightly and I felt I did not give this amazing city a real chance. Jimmy and I discussed this back and forth until a lovely event made our decision easier: we found an amazing producer and started recording our new album right away.
After searching like crazy for a new apartment, we finally found one with an elevator and a big balcony. Late this month we will move and I can’t wait to show you guys the before and after of the place.
So don’t think for a second I have forgotten about my blog and all of you who make it possible. The Golden Limoncello is getting tons of new posts and lots of giggles and smiles.
Madrid….you haven’t seen the best of me.
I hope you guys are having a lovely Summer ❤
Aw…my lovely Greece.
This trip was definitely an exciting one! I got to spend my birthday with my family and got to work with amazing people. We laughed, we bickered and we laughed again.
I polished my skills as a translator for Jimmy when people talked to him in Greek. He learned new words like “fovero” that means “amazing” and “akrivos” that means “exactly”.
The weather was kinda cold and we suffered a little when we jumped into the freezing water, but hey…cold water is good for your skin (and also for having a minor heart attack once you touch the water).